Working for the ManPosted: July 18, 2010
Some thoughts on working as a (almost) lawyer for the government:
- Normal working hours. Believe it or not, you get dressed down for staying late.
- There’s a form for everything.
- You will be supervised.
- THEY WILL CHARGE OFF YOUR STUDENT LOAN DEBTS AFTER TEN YEARS OMG
- You have access to a lot of sensitive information. Don’t even think about using it for non-work-related purposes.
- You get to do the right thing.
- The money ain’t bad, especially considering the fact that THEY WILL CHARGE OFF YOUR STUDENT LOAN DEBTS AFTER TEN YEARS OMG
- Litigation is litigation. There are quirks in every field, but there will be discovery, motions, and court appearances, and if you like any or all of those, you will be happy.